Saturday 7 July 2007

A Trip To Kuala Tungkal

Photo 1 : Actually there are 2 "pokok sialang". There are plentiful of beehives on both trees. Try counting?


Photo 2: Tan Seng Theong & me



Photo 3: Tan ST & my driver, Pak Marshudi

Happiness is when an old friend made a special trip to Indonesia to meet up in Jambi.


I came to know Tan Seng Theong when he was Assistant Manager in Hwa Li Estate in the early 1980s. At that time I was Manager of Pukin Estate. We were both proud to be Keratong planters of Pahang.

After so many years, we met again in Lahad Datu , Sabah, in the 21st century when he joined a fertilizers company. That was during one of my visiting trips as Plantation Controller of JCC Group. Our last encounter was during the farewell dinner for me held in one restaurant, Lahad Datu, in December 2003 after I had decided to join Sawit Mas Group in Indonesia and commenced work in January 2004.

We made a trip to Kuala Tungkal from Jambi on 29th January 2007. Tan wanted to see the suitability of its port to ship in fertilizers for his newly joined company in West Malaysia. He also visited our kebun of PT BBIP on our way back, He asked my driver to stop when he saw the “pokok sialang” (a tree full of beehives) along the roadside near Desa Abadi. This reminded him of the cover picture of THE PLANTER (published in May 2006). By the way, a bottle of 1 litre pure honey was sold for Rp 50,000.00 (@RM 20.00) at the roadside stall.

Tan is a jolly good fellow. His laughter is as loud as mine. God says, “A cheerful heart is good medicine.” (Proverbs 17:22a) and “A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and a good news gives health to the bones.” (Proverbs 15:30) How true it is that laughter is the best medicine which helps us to take away our worries! Praise the Lord for the friendship that we have valued for such a long along time.


2 comments:

J.LOH In Da House~~~ said...

hi dad, my blog address is http://sjloh82.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/
but is all in chinese hahaha ><

Anonymous said...

Hi My bro LKP, you are always a friend & a proud planter, And I never regret to be a "partial" proud planter.